A collection of thought-provoking articles, interesting conversations, and relevant content.
We have five sections which you can browse through.
- Articles: Write – ups by IWI-ites on Women-centric issues and topics.
- Conversations: Interviews of the incredible women who inspire us.
- Reviews: An unbiased and uninhibited opinions about books, movies, restaurants, and hotels.
(Wish to write for us? Check out our submission guidelines.)
- IWI Select Reads – An exclusive selection of hand-picked articles from across the world. Join us every Saturday for a not to be missed piece. Of course, with that, you would be missing some great content available elsewhere on the blog. But for that, you can come back later.
- IWI Daily Dose – A mandatory shot of a fun, interesting, or educational read.
Here’s a glimpse of what to find ahead. For more, head to the respective section using the menu above.
Femcyclopaedia by Kirthi Jayakumar - Kiran Bedi (born 9 June 1949) is a retired Indian Police Service officer, social activist, former tennis player and politician who is the current Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry. She is the first woman to join the Indian Police Service (IPS) . She remained in service for 35 years before taking voluntary retirement in 2007 as … Continue reading Femcyclopaedia by Kirthi Jayakumar
An Interview with Prachi Garg - In our ‘Incredible Women’ series, we bring to you Prachi Garg – an entrepreneur, author, and an inspiration. Who is Prachi? I am a Taurean to the core. A child of the early 80s (I have stopped counting the years now). The word Prachi means the rising sun. I worked as a software professional in … Continue reading An Interview with Prachi Garg
Movie Review: Dor - The relationship between a man and a woman is like the one between a kite and the string that holds it. Who is the kite and who becomes the string depends on the individuals under discussion as the roles can be interchangeable and or reversed. However, if the man is the string, then the flight … Continue reading Movie Review: Dor
IWI Select Reads:
Walking Tall - On the third day of the Hyderabad Literary Festival held earlier this year, as I walked in to the Authors’ Lounge for my daily chit-chat with fellow delegates, I met three remarkable women whom I will never forget. These were three of the members of India’s first transgender band – The 6 Pack Band. Ravina, Asha … Continue reading Walking Tall