A collection of thought-provoking articles, interesting conversations, and relevant content.
We have five sections which you can browse through.
- Articles: Write – ups by IWI-ites on Women-centric issues and topics.
- Conversations: Interviews of the incredible women who inspire us.
- Reviews: An unbiased and uninhibited opinions about books, movies, restaurants, and hotels.
(Wish to write for us? Check out our submission guidelines.)
- IWI Select Reads – An exclusive selection of hand-picked articles from across the world. Join us every Saturday for a not to be missed piece. Of course, with that, you would be missing some great content available elsewhere on the blog. But for that, you can come back later.
- IWI Daily Dose – A mandatory shot of a fun, interesting, or educational read.
Here’s a glimpse of what to find ahead. For more, head to the respective section using the menu above.
Ujjwala – How a simple initiative is empowering women by Nidhi Prabha Tiwari - I met Narayani Sahu in Feb 2018. She was part of 100 Ujjwala customers from various parts of India who were invited by the President of India to share their experience of switching to a cleaner cooking fuel- LPG from biomass-based fuels. She stood in the majestic Durbar Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhawan and said, … Continue reading Ujjwala – How a simple initiative is empowering women by Nidhi Prabha Tiwari
Chatting Up with Ananya Paul - Who is Ananya Paul Dodmani? While I juggle multiple roles, I’ve never introspected about who I am probably because I’ve found pieces of myself in each tribal person I meet every day. But if you were to ask me for my professional identity, I am a tribal right activist and a Sustainable Menstrual Warrior. A … Continue reading Chatting Up with Ananya Paul
Book Review: The Wildings and The Hundred Names of Darkness - The Wildings and The Hundred Names of Darkness: A Two-Part Book Review by Mira Saraf [How a Two-Part Series about a Bunch of Cats Won This Reader’s Heart] Every so often, you come across a book so out of the box that you’re not quite sure what to make of it. The Wildings, by Nilanjana … Continue reading Book Review: The Wildings and The Hundred Names of Darkness
IWI Select Reads:
The Dilemma of Choice in Feminism Today - Recently, while talking on women’s equality and what it entailed, I was questioned by an audience member that how could I talk about equality while wearing the mangalsutra. The belligerent lady didn’t stop there but went on to ask what symbol my husband wore to show that he was a married man. First, it was … Continue reading The Dilemma of Choice in Feminism Today