A collection of thought-provoking articles, interesting conversations, and relevant content.
We have five sections which you can browse through.
- Articles: Write – ups by IWI-ites on Women-centric issues and topics.
- Conversations: Interviews of the incredible women who inspire us.
- Reviews: An unbiased and uninhibited opinions about books, movies, restaurants, and hotels.
(Wish to write for us? Check out our submission guidelines.)
- IWI Select Reads – An exclusive selection of hand-picked articles from across the world. Join us every Saturday for a not to be missed piece. Of course, with that, you would be missing some great content available elsewhere on the blog. But for that, you can come back later.
- IWI Daily Dose – A mandatory shot of a fun, interesting, or educational read.
Here’s a glimpse of what to find ahead. For more, head to the respective section using the menu above.
Femcyclopaedia by Kirthi Jayakumar - At a time when equality and women’s empowerment were notions still unheard of, Sarla Thakur became the first Indian woman to fly an aircraft. Born in 1914, she earned an aviation pilot license in 1936 at the age of 21. By that time she was already married and had a four-year-old daughter. In spite of … Continue reading Femcyclopaedia by Kirthi Jayakumar
A Tete-a-tete with Sharda Vishwanathan - Who is Sharda Vishwanathan? Conversations define me. I love engaging with people and understanding their perspectives. Born and brought up in the Maximum City of Bombay, I have always been overwhelmed by the chaotic but the relentless spirit this city stands for. And it was here that I got exposure to the different facets of … Continue reading A Tete-a-tete with Sharda Vishwanathan
Book Review: A Room of One’s Own - “Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt, that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” Every woman should read Virginia Woolf. Or, at the very least, every woman should read A Room of One’s Own. I was about to give a summary of some … Continue reading Book Review: A Room of One’s Own
IWI Select Reads:
Walking Tall - On the third day of the Hyderabad Literary Festival held earlier this year, as I walked in to the Authors’ Lounge for my daily chit-chat with fellow delegates, I met three remarkable women whom I will never forget. These were three of the members of India’s first transgender band – The 6 Pack Band. Ravina, Asha … Continue reading Walking Tall