A collection of thought-provoking articles, interesting conversations, and relevant content.
We have five sections which you can browse through.
- Articles: Write – ups by IWI-ites on Women-centric issues and topics.
- Conversations: Interviews of the incredible women who inspire us.
- Reviews: An unbiased and uninhibited opinions about books, movies, restaurants, and hotels.
(Wish to write for us? Check out our submission guidelines.)
- IWI Select Reads – An exclusive selection of hand-picked articles from across the world. Join us every Saturday for a not to be missed piece. Of course, with that, you would be missing some great content available elsewhere on the blog. But for that, you can come back later.
- IWI Daily Dose – A mandatory shot of a fun, interesting, or educational read.
Here’s a glimpse of what to find ahead. For more, head to the respective section using the menu above.
Giving wings to desire - There is this scene in the movie Forrest Gump, one of the most pivotal ones in fact, where Forrest runs for the very first time in his life. He is being bullied by a few boys and encouraged by the love of his life Jenny, first, he starts to walk really fast and then he … Continue reading Giving wings to desire
A Tete-a-tete with Sharda Vishwanathan - Who is Sharda Vishwanathan? Conversations define me. I love engaging with people and understanding their perspectives. Born and brought up in the Maximum City of Bombay, I have always been overwhelmed by the chaotic but the relentless spirit this city stands for. And it was here that I got exposure to the different facets of … Continue reading A Tete-a-tete with Sharda Vishwanathan
Book Review: House of Doctors by Tripti Sharan - House of Doctors, written by Dr Tripti Sharan, published by Readomania is a candid and heart-warming read about the life of a medical student as she pursues her medical degree. This is Sharan’s second book about the medical profession, and while different in tone and content, it is equally impactful and leaves a strong impact … Continue reading Book Review: House of Doctors by Tripti Sharan
IWI Select Reads:
Walking Tall - On the third day of the Hyderabad Literary Festival held earlier this year, as I walked in to the Authors’ Lounge for my daily chit-chat with fellow delegates, I met three remarkable women whom I will never forget. These were three of the members of India’s first transgender band – The 6 Pack Band. Ravina, Asha … Continue reading Walking Tall